The Route of Artisans
- 天數: 6 小時 (左右)
- 位置: Cusco, Peru
- 产品编号: C015
Discover Oropesa, a locality of Cusco known as the National Capital of Bread. Walking through its streets you will feel the smell that the ovens emanate and you will be able to taste the different types of breads that they produce. Next, we visit the workshop of the famous artist from Cusco Carlos Olivera, who shares the creation of his works that express his worldview through the use and interpretation of the subject. We will continue to the Church of Andahuaylillas, sometimes called the “Capilla Sixtina” or "Sistine Chapel" of America, the exterior of the church looks rather humble, it is the interior, that makes this one of the most valuable jewels of the colonial art in Peru. Finally, We will go to the locality of Urcos, where we can see the artisans who make the traditional Cusco embroidery. This technique was brought during the conquest and gradually incorporated into popular expression, using colors and designs typical of the andes.
Activity itinerary and description:
- Meeting point: Hotel lobby.
- Venturia staff welcomes guests and leads introductions.
- Visit Oropesa and tasting breads.
- Visit the Church of Andahuaylillas.
- Visit Urcos and traditional Cusco embroidery experience.
- Transfer back to your hotel.
- Private touristic transportation.
- English speaking private guide.
- Tasting of breads
- Bottle of water/box lunch.
- Approximate activity time: 6-7 hours.
- Dates: Monday to Sunday.
- Departure times are flexible (in the morning).
- Bring a camera and some cash for souvenirs. Peruvian currency (Soles) preferred.